Follow The InnKeeper on:
Ah, so ye wish to know more about the Inn Keeper? Have a seat by the fire, order a cup of your favorite drink, and I will spin ye a tale. Ye may find it to yer liking, ye may not, but ye asked for it.
Physical Description - Here is the form I choose when appearing in your realm:5 feet, 5 inches tall120 lbs
My eyes are tri-colored and the overall color depends on which band is dominant. Therefore they change color, from blue in most pictures, to green (rarely), and most commonly, hazel. The three colors are a thin band of green on the outside, a wide band of grey-blue inside, and a thin band of yellow-brown around the pupil with threads that spike into the grey-blue area. And no, I don't wear contacts, nor am I sidhe.
My hair is brown and reaches to my upper thigh. Before you ask, my hair has always been long.
I have a slender but not athletic build. I'm working on the athletic part, though.
I am a tomboy and dress as such in military pants (BDU's), wife-beater tank tops, steel-toe combat boots. I have been known to "dress up" for formal events and I often dress in costumes for events, but this is my preferred state.I was born in January of 1977, rather than updating this every year for my age, you do the math.
- Kitten - This was given to me by my high school sweetheart and is still my favorite nickname, so I'll answer to it if you use it.
- Boss Lady, or Boss - derived from working on the set
- Trouble - a favorite of one of my former partners that I also still answer to.
- Mistress - used by friends, sort of as a joke, mainly because I can be very domineering, especially on the set.
Hobbies - (in no particular order)
- Reading - anything and almost everything! I read Stephen King, fantasy/sci-fi, and yes, when I have nothing better to read, romance novels.
- Cross stitching (not embroidery)
- Singing - I'm a mezzo-soprano with no formal training and a choral background, no solos.
- Dancing - swing dancing, night clubs, social ballroom (also known as dance sport or partner dance), latin dances, anything that I can learn and for which I can find a partner
- Watching movies
- Starting long and complicated projects, like converting a bus and building an edit suite
- Arguing & ranting on the internet
Unique Compliments - creative and unique compliments are far more meaningful to most people than generic compliments that can apply to anyone or that are used on everyone. To really win points with someone, pick something unique about that person that references those elements they view as most important to their identity. The compliments that stand out most in my memory are:
- "I don't think of you as heterosexual, I think of you as a gay man." - The full sexual identity "label" that I use is "gay man in a female's body who happens not to want a sex change" because, with our society's gender roles, I feel more like a man in my head but I happen to be comfortable in my female body and not interested in changing, and I'm only sexually attracted to men. But, for shorthand, I just say "heterosexual" and in an LJ post, I used the shorthand, but a friend responded with this line and it just made my day that he so "got" me!
- "Joreth's in drag!" - Two separate people said this when they once saw me in a regular skirt. I was intending to do some casual swing dancing that night, and they had previously only seen me in my regular combat gear or in fetish clothing. I like this because dressing in regular girl clothes feels like drag to me.
- "You're fury-specced and dual wield switchblades" - I don't play World of Warcraft, but my sweetie Tacit does, and apparently this means that if I were a game character, I'd have a bad temper that gives me a beserker-like power and my weapon of choice is two switchblades.
- "You look like you're a tactical unit" - given while stopped on the side of the road after work one day changing my blown-out tire. By a Sheriff. Yes, he said I looked like a tactical unit ... a whole unit.
- "You're like a little ninja!" - received while at work, all in black, running around, lifting things I don't look like I could lift like 20 foot pipe with drape still attached.
- "You are so treacherously delicious"
- "She is an alpha but doesn't play dominance games. She doesn't have to be the ONLY alpha in the room, but she makes it very clear that she's an alpha" - a friend of a friend's description of me after first meeting me, told to said mutual friend.
- "You remind me of a strange cross between an Ayn Rand hero and a Heinlein hero, with a rather large dose of cowgirl. Strange, but it works. Or something" - someone's description of me on an online dating site after a couple of traded emails. Honestly, I don't like Ayn Rand or Heinlein, but I liked the point he was trying to make.
Labels - some shorthand phrases and words that can be used to sum me up, but usually require longer explanation as can be found in my Online Me Manual:
- Strong Atheist
- Utilitarian - not the socio-political party, but the dictionary definition
- Introverted, quiet, shy at first
- INTx with slight lean into INTJ and bordering ISTP (Meyers-Briggs/MBTI)
- Straight - my sexual orientation and my position on drugs and alcohol, but not my level of kink
- Le Online Bitch
- Science Advocate
More About The InnKeeper
About The InnKeeper -- Images of The InnKeeper -- Personality Profile -- Work -- Dating/Social Networking Profile -- You Tube -- Bookshelf -- Wishlist -- Contact
The Inn Between © 2002